If you are a young adult in the Birmingham area wanting to make a difference in your community while advancing your network, this is the group for you!
Echelon seeks to mobilize the next generation for The Salvation Army by providing opportunities for young adults to engage with the organization through fellowship and networking, donations and fundraising, and service and volunteering. As a member of Echelon, you will be an ambassador for the organization and will strive to educate the public about The Salvation Army.
Echelon membership benefits include:
- Opportunity to participate in bimonthly service projects supporting The Salvation Army Area Command programs and services, Adult Rehabilitation Center, and other Salvation Army Corp’s across the Birmingham area
- Invitations to Echelon’s social events
- Invitations to The Salvation Army’s annual networking events with business leaders and philanthropists
- Opportunity to network with peers and engage with The Salvation Army Advisory Board of Directors
- Leadership opportunities
Members of Echelon are expected to:
Dues: $50 for a Singles Membership and $75 for a Couples Membership
- Attend quarterly meetings. If unable to attend a meeting, notify board officers at least 24 hours prior to the board meeting.
- Provide significant support for the annual Junior Board events through actions such as securing sponsorships, selling tickets, participating in event execution and assisting during the event.
- Serve a minimum term of 2 years and may choose to extend service each year up to 3 additional years after the initial term, if membership requirements have been met.
- Pay annual membership dues as established by the Executive Committee.
Follow us on social media! Instagram: Echelonbhm
Facebook: Birmingham Echelon